Writers consume data provided by Readers. Some writers can consume any dimension type, while others only understand fixed dimension names.
PDAL predefined dimension names can be found in the dimension registry: Dimensions
- Write BPF version 3 files. BPF is an NGA specification for point cloud data.
- Create a raster from a point cloud using an interpolation algorithm.
- Write point cloud data to Accumulo.
- Append new dimensions (or update existing dimensions) onto a Greyhound resource. Must be used along with a Greyhound reader, and intermediate filters that cull points are not allowed.
- Write ASPRS LAS versions 1.0 - 1.4 formatted data. LAZ support is also available if enabled at compile-time.
- Write MATLAB .mat files. The output has a single array struct.
- Write LAS and LAZ point cloud data, wrapped in a NITF 2.1 file.
- Provides a sink for points in a pipeline. It’s the same as sending pipeline output to /dev/null.
- Write data to Oracle point cloud databases.
- Write a point cloud as a set of OGR points/multipoints
- Write PCD-formatted files in the ASCII, binary, or compressed format.
- Write to a PostgreSQL database that has the PostgreSQL Pointcloud extension enabled.
- Write points as PLY vertices. Can also emit a mesh as a set of faces.
- Write data in the SBET format.
- Write point cloud data in a scheme that matches the approach used in the PostgreSQL Pointcloud and OCI readers.
- Write points in a text file. GeoJSON and CSV formats are supported.